Who We Are
We are a local group of community leaders who are focused on health, policy, and data-driven approaches. We use collaborative partnerships and innovative solutions to improve the health of our communities as a part of the state’s Medicaid Transformation efforts. Our goal is to activate health and social service providers, payers, Medicaid beneficiaries, and other community members to join in building a healthier region together.
Guided by a vision of Whole Person Health, we believe that everyone deserves to be as healthy as possible. By integrating behavioral and physical care, as well as supporting capacity-building initiatives and collaborative approaches, we are transforming health care in North Central Washington.
North Central Accountable Community of Health brings together organizations throughout North Central Washington to:
- Advance our shared goals of improving the health and well-being of the people who live in our region.
- Collaboratively build programs and methods that organizations can use to remove the obstacles to good health for our area’s residents.
- Act as a resource for organizations and individuals who want to work in partnership on ways to improve people’s mental, physical, and social well-being.
The NCACH staff is headquartered in East Wenatchee, and serves the organizations and individuals in North Central Washington who are also part of who NCACH is as a multi-county group of regional health partners.
Why does NCACH exist and how does it serve the region?
- NCACH addresses health equity and improves the wellbeing of all people in the North Central Region.
- NCACH advances social, emotional, physical, and behavioral health as embodied in the principles of whole-person care.
- NCACH catalyzes the success of other entities by making complementary efforts and maintaining an environment of collaboration and community benefit.
- NCACH unifies regional efforts by coordinating and promoting collaboration across sectors.
- NCACH helps groups focus on cross-cutting priorities, pursues durable solutions, and prioritizes efforts that deliver systemic improvement.
Our work at NCACH can be conceived as being structured through our “Three Pillars” — each of which builds upon the other to support our work in the region. Since our work is ongoing, no pillar is ever really complete!
- We build through an inclusive process of DISTRIBUTED LEADERSHIP:
- NCACH guides partner and board learning priorities (such as through network learning agendas)
- NCACH serves as cheerleaders for others (such as in the way we build relationships)
- NCACH develops accessible ways to describe the new mission, values, and pillars (such as through our communication outlets)
- NCACH reviews network mapping and analysis (such as through the Visible Network Labs project)
- We anchor our work in SHARED MEASUREMENT:
- NCACH works with community partners to systems of common assessment in our region, through a process of distributed decision making.
- We advance transformation with a REGIONAL PORTFOLIO.
- NCACH identifies the region’s needs and priorities for improving health and wellbeing.
The mission of the North Central Accountable Community of Health is to Advance whole-person health and health equity in North Central Washington by unifying stakeholders, supporting collaboration, and driving systemic change, with particular attention to the social determinants of health.