At the April 1st Governing Board meeting, the Washington State Health Care Authority’s (HCA) J.D. Fischer and Rachel Quinn came to North Central Washington to present on Washington State’s Value Based Purchasing (VBP) and Rural Multi Payer Model projects. The room was packed with providers interested in learning more about the current state of VBP in our region and next steps in 2019.
(Photos – Providers and community members at the Value Based Purchasing presentation hosted on April 1 in Wenatchee. NCACH. All rights reserved.)
Here are a few key highlights to take moving forward:
- North Central Washington currently has 62% of its Medicaid payments tied to VBP contracts.
- Primary technical support needs identified in North Central and across the State include:
- Training on value based care
- Behavioral health and primary care integration
- Practice transformation
- Providers still need additional support to understand what value based care means for their organization.
The NCACH Whole Person Care Collaborative staff has been following up with regional providers on their questions and concerns with VBP as they go out on their site visits in April and May. This feedback will be provided back to our partners at the HCA.