December 18, 2019 — The North Central Accountable Community of Health (NCACH) awarded $58,540 in Rapid Cycle Opioid Project funding to support local opioid response efforts to partners throughout Chelan, Douglas, Grant, and Okanogan Counties this month. The Rapid Cycle Opioid Project funding model was developed by the NCACH Regional Opioid Stakeholders Workgroup to address the opioid use public health crisis as a part of NCACH’s Medicaid Transformation Project efforts. Projects are intended to address Opioid Use Disorder (OUD) prevention, treatment, overdose prevention, and recovery support services. Awards ranged from $5,000 – $10,000 and will be disbursed for projects occurring between January 2020 – December 2020.
Funded projects include:
- $10,000 to Catholic Charities to support jail opioid intervention services across the North Central region.
- $5,000 to Chelan-Douglas Community Action Council to support an Americorps service member position focusing on opioid outreach and education.
- $10,000 to Coulee Medical Center to support take-home naloxone (opioid overdose reversal medication) efforts for at-risk clients.
- $10,000 to Grant County Health District to support continued and expanded efforts of their syringe services harm-reduction programming.
- $8,450 to Oroville CARES Coalition to support their “Slaying the Dragon” initiative, which provides transportation and childcare services for those with opioid use disorder (OUD), as well as providing services to meet basic needs of children of parents with OUD.
- $10,000 to Room One to support an interactive web-based resource guide in the Methow Valley.
- $5,000 to Samaritan Healthcare to support take-home naloxone and medication storage and disposal initiatives in Grant County.
For more information regarding Rapid Cycle Opioid Project funding, previously funded projects, as well as the work that NCACH is doing to address the opioid use public health crisis, please visit NCACH.org/opioid-project/
For inquiries, please contact Christal Eshelman, email@example.com