June 18, 2018 — North Central Accountable Community of Health seeks a Capacity Development and Grant Specialist to focus on building capacity to help support ongoing initiatives and work in the community that contributes to whole person health.
This job will be responsible for engaging and helping community organizations focused on transportation and housing in Chelan, Douglas, Grant, and Okanogan Counties obtain and capitalize on external funding. This individual may also engage with organizations outside of transportation and housing as necessary. Job duties include:
- Fostering engagement among community organizations, including providing resources, encouraging participation, facilitating connections, and maintaining regular communication.
- Tracking potential funding opportunities and proactively matching organizations to valuable grant opportunities
- Supporting organizations in applying for grants (i.e. mentoring partners in proposal writing, helping to synthesize relevant data, providing edits to proposals)
- Helping organizations prepare for effective implementation of projects
- Serving as a conduit for cross-organizational coordination and partnership (Including coordinating events and meetings)
- Mentoring organizations to build their in-house fundraising capabilities
- Identify advocacy opportunities for the NCACH by working to mobilize community members to respond to relevant policy or advocacy issues as they arise.
- Work with the Executive Director and other staff to strategize and implement outreach activities, including development and distribution of materials, handling media inquiries, and engaging others in dialogue and policy development.
- Independently monitor and oversee on-the-ground work of partners for the purposes of reporting how NCACH engagement has benefited the community.
- Prepare and manage budgets, and monitor funded activities, contracts and reporting.
The Capacity Development and Grant Specialist should have the following knowledge, skills, abilities, and qualifications:
- Successful experience with grants and/or contracts, including budgeting, monitoring and reporting (Preferably with Social Service Organizations).
- Strong analytic, research, critical thinking, writing, and presentation skills.
- Comfortable and articulate when speaking in public.
- Solid record of accomplishing challenging goals in highly professional work environment(s).
- Proven ability to work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds and at different professional levels to accomplish mutual goals.
- Ability to facilitate collaborative efforts of diverse organizations.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail and ability to promptly follow through on variety of tasks and logistics in a fast-paced environment.
- Master’s degree in public policy, Public health, nonprofit management, or related field and three years of experience or Bachelor’s degree in public policy, health, nonprofit management, or related field and six years of related experience.
For more information, and to apply, please download the position description and CDHD application for employment.
Applications will be considered until the position is filled and may be emailed (PDF format) or mailed to:
North Central Accountable Community of Health
Attn: John Schapman
200 Valley Mall Parkway
East Wenatchee, WA 98802
Questions? Email email@example.com